National News

Vets save sight of dog with stick embedded in eye socket

todayMay 3, 2021 3

Background
share close

Vets save sight of dog with stick embedded in eye socket

Mia the Collie is now back to full health

Vets have saved the sight of a dog who got a stick embedded in her eye socket.

The owners of Mia the collie feared the six-year-old had lost her eye when she emerged from playing in a hedge with a 5cm stick poking from the socket.

Her local vet in Doune, in the Stirling area, quickly referred Mia to the specialist ophthalmology service at the University of Edinburgh’s Hospital for Small Animals at the Royal (Dick) School for Veterinary Studies.

Vets there performed a CT scan to evaluate where the stick was and how much damage it had caused to Mia’s eye.

The scan images revealed the stick was still in one piece and lodged just above the eye, and vets were able to carefully remove the object without the need for an invasive operation, leaving Mia with only a superficial scratch on her eye.

After flushing the area with fluids to make sure there were no remaining fragments, Mia was able to walk out of the clinic unaided and has suffered no long-term damage to her sight.

The vets who treated Mia are delighted with her recovery.

Published: by Radio NewsHub

Written by: Radio News Hub - News

Rate it

Previous post

National News

Israeli officials under scrutiny over warnings ahead of festival stampede deaths

Officials are coming under growing scrutiny for ignoring warnings about safety lapses at one of Israel’s most visited holy sites, as the country mourned 45 ultra-Orthodox Jews killed in a stampede at a festival. The disaster at Mount Meron also heated up the debate over the role of the ultra-Orthodox minority in Israel and the refusal of some of its leaders to acknowledge the authority of the state. The festival […]

todayMay 2, 2021 3


CONTACT US